Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report, Nanomagnetics: Materials, Devices and Markets.
In 2007, the Nobel Prize Committee stated that, “Giant magnetoresistance (GMR) can be considered one of the first real applications of the promising field of nanotechnology.” Nanomagnetic materials and products in general and GMR in particular still represent the most mature and widely used examples of nanotechnology and nanoscale materials. With this promise in mind, the primary objective of this report is twofold: to identify current, emerging and futuristic applications for nanomagnetic materials and devices, and to evaluate actual and potential markets by application and type.
The properties of nanostructured magnetic materials and devices are extraordinarily different from those of conventional magnetic systems. Esoteric technical terms such as exchange coupling, giant magnetoresistance, single-domain behavior, superparamagnetism and tunneling magnetoresistance all describe some of the unique characteristics and behavior obtainable from nanomagnetic particles, films and bulk materials.
Interesting science is nice, certainly, but practical, revenue-generating applications are even better. It turns out that the properties of nanomagnetic systems are enabling a variety of actual and potential commercial uses, from data storage technology and nonvolatile memory to industrial sensors and cancer treatment.
Some nanomagnetic products have been on the market for years or even decades, while others have yet to reach commercialization. The gamut of these nanomagnetic materials and devices is covered in this report, including products based on particles or dispersions, nanoscale thin films and bulk nanostructured materials.
Current and future applications of nanomagnetic materials and devices directly impact biotechnology, industrial products and information storage. Some products, especially in the area of magnetic storage media, rely exclusively on nanomagnetic materials. Other products could be revolutionized by recent nanomagnetic material and processing developments.
This report provides:
- An overview of the market for nanomagnetic materials and devices in three major market segments: biotechnology, industrial products, and information storage.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Discussion of materials and technology, including products based on particles or dispersions, nanoscale thin films, and bulk nanostructured materials.
- Industry data, technical background information, and a patent analysis.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Read the full report Nanomagnetics: Materials, Devices and Markets.